MY NOVEMBER WISH LIST
Hi everyone, hope you had a wonderful weekend and your week is going great so far!
I can’t believe it’s November already! Although I joined in the usual moaning about Christmas advertising commencing immediately after Halloween, I caught myself last weekend looking at some gorgeous Christmas decorations in the shop… If you can’t escape it you might as well embrace it!
I love Christmas anyway, it’s the most hygelling time of the year! If you have not yet heard about hygge, it’s a Danish key to happiness (check out the BOUTIQUE section of my blog where you can order “THE LITTLE BOOK OF HYGGE: THE DANISH WAY TO LIVE WELL”). To me hygge means slow living and taking the time to enjoy little things. My favourite hygge activities include:
- going to a cute little cabin in the countryside,
- cooking meals from scratch using my grandma’s notebook of secret recipes,
- listening to the wind and rain outside at night,
- evenings with candles, warm cocoa and cosy woolen socks,
- sunsets (I am not into sunrises because I am not a morning person but I’ve heard they can be quite spectacular too!),
- blowing soap bubbles,
- naps in a hammock on a nice summer afternoon,
- walks in the forest and mushroom picking,
- listening to the crackling noise coming from the fireplace (or the most amazing WoodWick candle that makes the crackling noise and smells of baby powder – also in the BOUTIQUE section of my blog!).
But most of all hygge means living in the present and spending time with my family. I think more and more people take a step back these days and realise they need to slow down in order to fully enjoy life.
As much as I enjoy listening to the wind outside on a cosy evening by the fireplace, I am not a big fan of wind and the self-explanatory reason can be found on the photo below.
My November wish list
But let’s focus on my November wish list, which is a mixture of items that caught my eye recently.
- The two party dresses (1,3) and the striped sequined clutch (6) could give you guys some inspiration for those upcoming Christmas parties. The majority of Christmas parties take place in December however it’s good to think about your outfit in advance to avoid disappointment with your size not being available or buying a dress in a rush which you are not entirely happy with.
- Slouch boots are a massive trend at the moment and I absolutely love these grey suede calf slouch boots (2)!
- The oversized cable knit sweater (4) and oversized puffer coat (8) will keep you warm in the cold weather that has just started to make its (not-so-welcomed) appearance.
- I am so over basic styles of jeans so these wide leg denim overalls (5) and high waist paper bag jeans (9) immediately stole my heart!
- This gorgeous bra (7) is by a Polish brand, Le Petit Trou, founded in 2013. Comfort and beauty are at the heart of their lingerie – founder Zuzanna Kuczynska is a stylist as well as a designer. Cut from tulle and embroidered with Swiss-dots, this bra has pretty ruffled straps and soft triangle cups that can be fastened at the front or back. Ruffles and dots – what’s not to love! Cuteness level: 10/10!
What do you guys think about my November wish list, which item is your favourite? Have you started thinking about Christmas party dress and Christmas presents yet? Let me know in the comments below and have a great rest of the week!