HOW TO MASTER CASUAL CHIC
Happy Sunday everyone!
Weekend is the highly anticipated time when we can relax and enjoy spending time with our friends and family. After wearing smart attire all week it’s nice to dress down and wear comfortable clothes but we still want to look stylish. Do we always have to choose between comfort and style? Not at all! So how to achieve this effortless yet stylish look? My recipe is as follows!
How to master casual chic
- The easiest way to create a base for a casual chic look is to use one smart item which you wear to work, like a blazer or a shirt, and combine it with some casual pieces.
- Remember that casual outfits are meant to be comfortable. You are not going to look good if you don’t feel comfortable in your outfit. Make sure your clothes are made of fabrics which feel pleasant on your skin (e.g. cotton, linen, silk) and they are not too tight. Go for flat shoes.
- Make it fun! Mix and match different styles, patterns, fabrics and colours; avoid wearing just one style head-to-toe as your outfit will look plain.
- Accessorise – a scarf, necklace, bracelet, earrings or sunglasses will add the chic factor to your casual look. Don’t go over the top with your accessories though, one statement piece is enough.
- Make sure your hair looks great as it’s your most valuable accessory. If you ran out of time to style it properly, use dry shampoo and put your hair up in a ponytail.
- Go for natural makeup – forget priming, contouring, blending and eye shadows; a light foundation, mascara and lipstick will suffice.
Here are some basic examples of pieces that you can mix and match to achieve the casual chic look:
My favourite type are vintage-inspired rocker tees, they have been in fashion for a while now and they still rock! I love this Pink Floyd tee from MadeWorn, it’s so fun and classy at the same time!
I like light blue, high waist, straight leg and slightly distressed jeans like the ones below however you should choose whatever style you feel most comfortable in.
You can re-use the blazers you wear for work and pair them with your more casual pieces to create the perfect casual chic look! I am obsessed with the below checked blazer from H&M, I have already styled it in my head in so many different ways!
A leather biker jacket is a must-have piece for any fashionista! The below piece is by Isabel Marant but you can find less expensive alternatives in most high street stores.
Light and floral dresses are a great base for a casual look.
Utilise your work shirts and pair them with some fun casual pieces.
There is a lot to choose from – sneakers, biker boots, cute sandals etc.
They can completely transform your look and add the chic factor to the most casual outfit. I am obsessed with these tassel earrings and have already ordered them!
And here are two examples of causal chic looks I would put together using the above pieces:
I have picked more items for you that can be mixed and matched to create some fabulous casual chic looks!
You can also check out my casual chic look here: CASUAL.
Can’t wait to read your comments!
This is a sponsored post however all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.