If you are looking for the best keto comfort food recipes, you will love this delicious keto cheeseburger soup with cauliflower!
If you are worried about missing out on comfort food while on the keto diet, I have good news – there are many delicious keto recipes that are both satisfying and delicious.
Today’s recipe is definitely one of them.
Just imagine a warm, cheesy, and mouthwatering bacon cheeseburger in a bowl. This thick creamy soup is guaranteed to satisfy your comfort food cravings!
It’s a fantastic keto lunch idea but it will also make a great dinner on a cold winter evening.
Without further ado, let’s jump straight into the recipe!
Keto Comfort Food Recipes: One-Skillet Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup With Cauliflower Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Keto Cheeseburger Soup With Cauliflower: Ingredients
4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
1 lb 80% lean ground beef
½ t. onion powder
½ t. garlic powder
2 t. Italian seasoning
½ t. smoked paprika
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ large head cauliflower, chopped small
3 c. beef broth, preferably organic, divided
1/3 c. heavy cream, tempered
3 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
Side Salad: Ingredients
6 c. baby arugula
12 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 oz. Pecorino-Romano cheese shaved
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. fresh lime juice
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes, until it gets crispy. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Drain and discard bacon grease from the skillet before returning to the cooktop.
2. Add ground beef to the same skillet and sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 5 minutes. until the meat is browned,
3. Add the chopped cauliflower and beef broth to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for approximately 7-8 minutes, until heated through and the cauliflower is fork-tender, but not mushy,
4. While the soup is simmering, prepare the side salad by adding the baby arugula, grape tomatoes, and the Pecorino-Romano cheese to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
5. When the cauliflower is fork-tender, remove the skillet from heat. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding 1-2 tablespoons of the hot liquid from the skillet to it. Stir the tempered cream and sharp cheddar cheese into the skillet until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
6. To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle on top of each bowl along with the fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately with some of the arugula salad on the side.
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 5.7g
You can determine your individual nutrition needs on a ketogenic diet using this keto calculator.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
If you are interested in more keto recipes, make sure to check out the below posts.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoyed this post featuring a keto comfort food recipe, please pin it on Pinterest to help it reach more readers!