Are you looking for keto diet breakfast ideas that will keep you full for hours? Look no further! This delicious keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet does not contain potatoes and takes only 15 minutes to make!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and for good reason!
Starting the day hungry is never a good idea, especially when you are following a specific nutrition plan, such as the keto diet where you are not allowed to just grab anything on the go when you suddenly get hungry.
This Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet will keep you full until lunch and it tastes absolutely delicious!
Unlike most traditional breakfast skillets, this keto-friendly Southwestern skillet does not contain any potatoes.
Just before we move on to the recipe, make sure to also check out these keto diet breakfast ideas without eggs.
Without further ado, let’s jump straight into the recipe!
The Perfect Keto Breakfast Recipe: Keto Southwestern Skillet
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
KETO SOUTHWESTERN BREAKFAST SKILLET Recipe: Ingredients
2 T. unsalted butter, divided
1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
¼ c. red onion, finely diced
2 t. Italian seasoning
1 t. ground cumin
½ t. ground chili powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
¾ c. mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
4 large eggs
4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 large avocado, diced
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
1. Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper and cook stirring occasionally for approximately 4-5 minutes.
3. Add another tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 3-4 minutes until the pepper softens,
4. Create four “wells” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side.
Macros – per serving*
Net Carbs: 5.44g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoyed this post featuring the Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet recipe, please pin it on Pinterest to help it reach more readers!