Find out what to look out for when choosing a party dress!
JINGLE BELL BALL WITH DEBENHAMS
Once upon a time lived a modern day princess named Magda. With beauty and brains and a style so impeccable, she attracted all eyes, likes and comments from people around the world.
Therefore, it was no surprise that she was chosen to be invited to a magical evening at the Jingle Bell Ball. However, with the event fast approaching, what ever would she wear?
Fret not, there appeared Debenhams, swishing its wand to show her a range of party dresses. From pieces layered in sequins and lavished in lace, she was spoilt for choice.
Magda, you shall go to the Jingle Bell Ball!
My look: Studio by Preen Purple sequin long sleeve midi length dress and all accessories via Debenhams
Fairy tales do come true sometimes and I was invited by Debenhams to a VIP Jingle Bell Ball experience, featuring Sam Smith, Craig David, Rita Ora, Jonas Blue, James Arthur, Jax Jones, Yungen, Niall Horan, Major Lazer, Anne-Marie, and Dua Lipa! It was a truly magical evening!
I had to make sure I looked stunning and it was an easy task thanks to Debenhams’ wide range of party dresses and accessories.
I fell in love with this purple long sleeve sequin midi dress as soon as I saw it. Purple is such a festive color and there is nothing more sparkly and glamorous than sequins!
I also love the midi length of this dress. I have noticed that these days a lot of dresses that are described as “midi” are in fact knee or above the knee length.
Maybe it’s just because I am quite tall however I was positively surprised this particular dress was of a true midi length.
I accessorized my party dress with a pair of gorgeous silver heels, a glittery bow clutch, a simple sterling silver choker, and a leaf ear climber.
I felt like a princess that evening and I received a lot of compliments about my dress. You can browse through Debenhams’ party and going out dresses range here:
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT PARTY DRESS
When it comes to choosing party wear, I have a few tips for you:
- Don’t be afraid to be bold in terms of color, shape, or print, and choose a party dress that will make everyone stare at you, trust me – it’s a great feeling!
- If you choose a bold dress, go easy on accessories and choose something simple. If your dress is quite simple, make your outfit stand out with some statement jewelry.
- You need to feel comfortable in your dress. If you can’t decide between two different sizes, go for the bigger size rather than the smaller one. Make sure your outfit isn’t too tight as you are supposed to have fun as well as look great!
- There are a lot of cute tiny clutch bags out there but they are not so practical if they are too small to fit your phone in! It’s not a good idea to keep your phone separately in your hand or in your coat pocket as there is a very high probability it will not end well after a night filled with drinking and dancing! Choose a clutch that will fit in all your necessities like your phone, bank cards, tissues, lipstick, and compact mirror.
- Whilst wearing heels is pretty much mandatory, make sure they are comfortable and not too high so that you don’t spend all night sitting at the table with sore feet and watching your companions have a great time on the dance floor without you!
Thanks for stopping by!
***This is a collaborative post however all opinions are my own.***