It’s this time of year when many of us face the dilemma of what to wear to a wedding. There are a lot of unwritten and conflicting rules regarding what is and what is not appropriate. We’ve heard it’s not acceptable to wear a black or white dress. We don’t want to outshine the bride and steal her thunder but we still want to impress. What is too casual and what is too formal? How to find the right balance and what are the rules we should follow?
In my opinion the rules are:
1. Do not wear anything too revealing. A short dress is fine as long as it’s not too short and the other wedding guests won’t have the opportunity to admire your knickers (please do wear them!). Straps are also fine as longs as your bra is not showing.
2. Go for neutral, nude and seamless underwear.
3. Do not wear a plain black or white dress, choose one with prints on it.
4. Avoid animal prints, stick to floral or geometrical patterns (floral is the hot trend of this season).
5. Stay away from sequins and shiny materials (too much!).
6. Do not wear neon colours (also too much).
7. No denim allowed (too casual).
I have picked some very affordable dresses from SHEIN that are perfect for a wedding, links below. Which dress is your favourite? Do you agree with my set of rules? Do you have any additional advice about what to wear to a wedding?