Check out these gratitude quotes that will help you acknowledge and appreciate all the good things in your life!
The importance of feeling grateful, encapsulated in the most powerful gratitude quotes!
How Feeling Grateful Can Help You Transform Your Life
Sometimes we all get lost in the hustle and bustle of modern life. We focus on setting goals and we believe our happiness depends on achieving them.
But when one goal is achieved, our happiness is usually very short-lived and we end up setting a new goal immediately to fill the void.
This is one of the reasons why so many people may feel constantly anxious or burnt out as they forget how to actually enjoy their lives.
The way to get out of this rut is to stop comparing our life achievements and personal possessions to those of others, focus on the present, and learn to appreciate all the good things in our life, no matter how small they are.
Building an attitude of gratitude will gradually change our perspective, help us grow and live a happy and fulfilled life.
If you don’t know how to change your outlook, you can start by keeping a daily gratitude journal.
Writing down things you are grateful for every day will reprogram your brain into thinking positively and you will learn to notice more and more things in your life that you should be grateful for.
There are also many beautiful gratitude quotes that can inspire you to acknowledge and appreciate all the good things in your life.
I have found the most powerful gratitude quotes that will help you introduce gratitude into your life.
Without further ado, let’s dive into it!
The Most Powerful Gratitude Quotes That Will Change Your Life
- “Find gratitude in the little things and your well of gratitude will never run dry.” Antonia Montoya
- “My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.” Stephen W. Hawking
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” Alphonse Karr
- “Summoning gratitude is a sure way to get our life back on track. Opening our eyes to affirm gratitude grows the garden of our inner abundance, just as standing close to a fire eventually warms our heart.” Alexandra Katehakis, Mirror of Intimacy
- “Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.” Sanchita Pandey, Voyage to Happiness!
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” Amy Collette
- “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” Roy T. Bennett
- “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” Mandy Hale
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
- “Free yourself from the complexities and drama of your life. Simplify. Look within. Within ourselves we all have the gifts and talents we need to fulfill the purpose we’ve been blessed with.” Steve Maraboli
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” Epicurus
- “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” Neal A. Maxwell
- “Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” Charles Dickens
- “In every class of society, gratitude is the rarest of all human virtues.” Wilkie Collins, The Haunted Hotel: A Mystery of Modern Venice
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” Aesop
- “It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Deitrich Bonheiffer
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” Mary Davis
- “Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have.” Michael Bernhard
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” Cynthia Ozick
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” Germany Kent
- “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” Meister Ekhart
- “Everyone enjoys being acknowledged and appreciated. Sometimes even the simplest act of gratitude can change someone’s entire day. Take the time to recognize and value the people around you and appreciate those who make a difference in your lives.” Roy T. Bennett
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” Voltaire
- “Saying thanks to the world, and acknowledging your own accomplishments, is a great way to feel good and stay positive.” Rachel Robins, How To Feel Good About Yourself
- “Count your blessings as the more you are grateful for what you have the more there is to be grateful for.” Pravin Agarwal
- “Gratitude looks to the Past and love to the Present; fear, avarice, lust, and ambition look ahead.” C.S. Lewis
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love—then make that day count!” Steve Maraboli
- “Human beings consider themselves satisfied only compared to some other condition. A man who has owned nothing but a bicycle all of his life feels suddenly wealthy the moment he buys an automobile…But this happy sensation wears off. After a while the car becomes just another thing that he owns. Moreover, when his neighbor next door buys two cars, in an instant our man feels wretchedly poor and deprived.” Alan Lightman, Reunion
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” Amy Collette
- “The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude.” Thornton Wilder
- “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” Robert Braathe
- “Great things happen to those who don’t stop believing, trying, learning, and being grateful.” Roy T. Bennett
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” John F. Kennedy
- “Life is a web of intersections and choices. Your 1st choice is to recognize an intersection. Your 2nd choice is to be grateful for it.” Ryan Lilly
- “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” Rhonda Byrne
- “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” Roy T. Bennett
- “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” Hannah Whitall Smith
- “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” Naomi Williams
- “This world is not a wonderful place where unfortunately many evil things happen; but this world is a terrible place where fortunately many miracles and other wonderful things happen.” C. JoyBell C.
- “Ungrateful people forget what they are not grateful for.” Ana Monnar, Express Yourself 101 Kaleidoscope Volume 3
- “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” Roy T. Bennett
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” Anthony Robbins
- “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” Roy Bennett
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
- “The problem that we have with a victim mentality is that we forget to see the blessings of the day. Because of this, our spirit is poisoned instead of nourished.” Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” Denis Waitley
- “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” Seneca
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” Eckhart Tolle
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” Maya Angelou
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” Maya Angelou
- “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” W. T. Purkiser
- “Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” Steve Maraboli
- “Most of us forget to take time for wonder, praise and gratitude until it is almost too late. Gratitude is a many-colored quality, reaching in all directions. It goes out for small things and for large; it is a God-ward going.” Faith Baldwin, Many Windows, Seasons of the Heart
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” Thornton Wilder
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” Buddha
- “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” Roy T. Bennett
- “Each day brings new opportunities, allowing you to constantly live with love—be there for others—bring a little light into someone’s day. Be grateful and live each day to the fullest.” Roy T. Bennett
- “The root of joy is gratefulness.” David Steindl-Rast
- “When you look at life through the eyes of gratitude, the world becomes a magical and amazing place.” Jennifer Gayle
- “Making the ungrateful grateful will bring tears to your eyes, tears of blood bleeding from the heart.” Ana Monnar
- “Superficial social niceties are far different from the deep emotion of thanksgiving.” Alexandra Katehakis, Mirror of Intimacy: Daily Reflections on Emotional and Erotic Intelligence
- “My socks may not match, but my feet are always warm.” Maureen McCullough
- “When you focus on gratitude, positive things flow in more readily, making you even more grateful.” Lissa Rankin, Mind Over Medicine
- “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” Henry Ward Beecher
- “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” Roy T. Bennett
- “Gratitude and love are always multiplied when you give freely. It is an infinite source of contentment and prosperous energy.” Jim Fargiano, The Spoken Words of Spirit: Lessons from the Other Side
- “Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing.” Dan Buettner, Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” A.A. Milne
- “Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with joy.” Sara Avant Stover
- “When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere.” Emmanuel Dalgher
- “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” Bruce Wilkinson
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” Kristin Armstrong
- “There is always something to be grateful for.” Anonymous
I hope these beautiful gratitude quotes have inspired you to appreciate the good things in your life.
Just before you go, you may also want to check out the posts down below.
Explore More Quotes
Thank you for stopping by!
If you enjoyed this post about gratitude quotes, please pin it on Pinterest to help it reach more readers!