A collection of the most powerful self-love affirmations and inspiring self-love quotes to help you build self-worth and change your life.
What Is Self Love And Why It’s Important
According to the Oxford Dictionary, self-love means regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.
Self-love is the foundation of our own happiness, but it also allows us to attract more love from others. This is because love is a high vibration and works like a magnet.
Our mind believes whatever we tell it, so when we tell ourselves something repeatedly, this shapes our thoughts, emotions, and, subsequently, our lives.
Self-love does not mean you’re selfish! It simply means that you respect yourself and know what makes you happy and what your boundaries are.
How To Practice Self-Love
There are many different ways of practicing self-love. Ultimately, it comes down to being good to yourself.
In a nutshell, you should quit comparing yourself to others, self-criticism, toxic relationships, and unhealthy foods.
Instead, surround yourself with people who love and support you, find time to relax, pursue your passions, get plenty of sleep, and stick to nourishing healthy foods.
I understand it can be tricky to suddenly switch and become a self-loving person overnight.
A good way to start this process would be to go to a yoga retreat where you are free of distractions and able to focus on yourself.
One of the simplest yet most powerful techniques to gain more love for yourself is through self-love affirmations.
When using self-love affirmations regularly, you can expect to feel happier and become more confident.
They will help you build your self-esteem, believe you are worthy of love, and replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
Self-love affirmations promote self-confidence and belief in your own abilities. They also deepen the relationship you have with yourself and others.
Tell yourself every day how beautiful, confident, and smart you are, and with time, your mind and heart will believe it. This, in turn, will change how you live your life.
What Are Self-Love Affirmations?
An affirmation is essentially a short, powerful statement.
Affirmations allow you to be in control of your thoughts, and these, as we know, shape your reality. This is known as The Law Of Attraction,
You can use generic, already-written affirmations like the ones below. After a while, you can try creating your own positive affirmations to make them more personal and even more powerful.
How To Use These Self-Love Affirmations
You don’t have to use all of the below affirmations, just choose the ones you like and which appeal to you.
There are many different ways you can use these self-love affirmations, but the key is to repeat them every day and believe in what they say.
You can start by repeating each self-love affirmation about ten times upon waking up and getting into bed.
Listen to yourself saying it, focus on the words, and believe them to be true.
You may combine them with a deep breathing exercise, say them in front of a mirror, or write them down.
With time, you will find the best way to use affirmations that work for you.
Without further ado, let’s jump into it!
The Most Powerful Self Love Affirmations
The below daily affirmations for women and men are aimed at building self-esteem, as well as feeling and attracting more love.
- I am enough.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I accept love from myself.
- I embrace who I am.
- I love myself more and more every day.
- I am open to seeing myself in a new light.
- I let go of my past beliefs that no longer serve me.
- I deserve love.
- I am worthy of love.
- My own love is a priority.
- I love my body and all that it does for me.
- I am perfect, just as I am.
- I am creating my own love.
- I am whole.
- I am constantly growing.
- I forgive myself.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am proud of who I am becoming.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I am exactly who I need to be.
- I choose myself.
- I am beautiful/gorgeous/unique/special.
- I radiate love.
- I am love.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I am loved.
- Love is all around me.
- Loving myself comes to me easily.
- My love is infinite.
- I am grateful for the amazing, wonderful things in my life.
- My life is rewarding and filled with joy.
- I am blessed.
- I feel joyful to look at how far I’ve come.
- I forgive myself.
- I am open to receiving love.
- I have all the love inside me that I need.
- I love myself deeply and fully.
- I am here to experience love.
- I am worthy of celebrating myself.
- Love is flowing to me easily at all times.
- I attract love.
- Love is accessible to me at any time.
- I am powerful, confident, and capable of reaching all my dreams.
- I have an infinite capacity for love and affection.
- I am becoming more prosperous every day.
- I am exactly who I need to be at this moment in time.
- Peace and happiness are inside of me.
- I am kind to myself.
- I love the person that I am and the person I am becoming.
- I am strong, beautiful, and confident.
- I deserve good things to come to me.
- I deserve everything I desire.
- I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to.
- My feelings deserve to be expressed. I allow them to flow.
- My body tells me what it needs, and I am willing to listen.
- I am grateful for this body, this mind, and this soul.
- The only approval I need is my own.
- I was born to love and to be loved.
- My natural state is peace and love.
- I trust myself.
- I respect myself.
- I am proud of myself.
- I let my love for myself grow every day.
- I open myself to joy, pleasure, and fun.
- I forgive others, as this serves my inner peace.
- I allow myself to heal.
- I choose to make my world and my life an amazing place to live.
- I am unique and special.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- The only approval I need is my own.
- My mind is bursting with bright ideas, kind words, and happiness.
Inspirational Self Love Quotes
To emphasize the importance of self-love and help you with your self-love journey, I have also gathered the most inspiring self-love quotes below. Enjoy!
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” Buddha
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” Anna Taylor
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” Oscar Wilde
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you, who you are.” Beyonce
- “Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on.” Steve Maraboli
- “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” Brigham Young
- “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” Kristin Chenoweth
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball
- “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” Louise Hay
- “We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.” Alexandra Elle
- “In order to love who you are, you can not hate the experiences that shaped you.” Andrea Dykstra
- “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” Alan Cohen
- “Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.” Wilfred Peterson
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” Robert Morley
- “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” Les Brown
- “Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” Karolina Kurkova
- “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” Mark Twain
- “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” Andrew Matthews
- “I don’t like myself, I’m crazy about myself.” May West
- “You are free. You are powerful. You are good. You are love. You have value. You have purpose. All is well.” Esther Hicks
I hope you have enjoyed these powerful self-love affirmations and quotes.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoyed this post featuring self-love affirmations and quotes, please pin it on Pinterest to help it reach more readers!